The toys, snacks, and children’s necessities, come in all shapes and sizes, and when they arrive at daycare, it’s time to put the things away.
At Buddings, we are not nut-free, but teachers keep track the snacks and food to make sure they are kept safely. Labels make this possible.
Step 1: LABEL EVERYTHING, please 🙂
There are naming systems are both our centres, and on your first day, we’ll try to walk you through it.
You should bring:
- A labeled water bottle with a spill proof lid
- Diapers and wipes – if necessary
- A change of clothes is a great idea, including undies and socks
- Weather wear, for neighbourhood walks – inc. sunscreen, hats, boots, mittens, etc.
- Any required medication, with instructions for its use
You might also like to bring:
- Toys from home your child would like to share
- Comfort toys, blankies, and soothers – if necessary (especially for napping)
- Food for snack times (10am and 3pm) and lunch (12 – 1pm) in a labeled bag or lunch box, should be kept out of reach of children.
- At Broadway, please leave it in the cubbies at the front.
- At Storybook, the shelves are inside, high up.
- You do not need to pack cutlery. Please don’t.
Step 2: Keep it together
Having a backpack or bag keeps everything together, and picking one out can be a low-stress shopping trip where your child gets to choose their favourite.
Please DO NOT bring:
- Toys from home that are too special for sharing
- Electronic devices
- Things with small pieces, or anything unsuitable for children under 2 years
- Water bottles that don’t have spill-proof lids
Step 3: Take it all home 😉
That’s the tricky part. But if you forget, we’ll put it in the Left N’ Found for next time.