Packing your Buddy Bag
The toys, snacks, and children’s necessities parents carry around come in all shapes and sizes, and when they arrive at daycare, it’s time to put their things away.
There are name tags on the front table, and you’ll need to make two.
One for the things that come into the daycare:
- A labeled water bottle with a spill proof lid
- Diapers and wipes – if necessary
- A change of clothes is a great idea, including undies and socks
- Comfort toys, blankies, and soothers
- Other toys from home your child would like to share
Please hang the second tag in the cubbies at the front with:
- ANY FOOD* for your child, in a labeled bag or lunch box** – you do not need to pack cutlery. Please don’t.
- Outdoor wear, especially if it’s wet
- Toys from home that are too special for sharing, electronics, things with small pieces, and balls
* any food is fine, even nuts, and foods that are easy to eat, that your child really likes, are strongly recommended, especially if they are picky eaters.
** when kids are sitting at the table, teachers bring the food inside, and make sure it goes to the intended child. Labels make this possible.
Having a backpack or bag helps keep everything together, and if you don’t have one yet, why not plan a low-stress shopping trip with your child to pick out the one he or she likes the best?