On Saturdays this spring at Broadway, the kids and teachers are learning about animals!
We recently adopted a guinea pig, and here’s what we’ve learned so far:
- He eats carrots and hay (“and so do horses” adds Frankie).
- He is really friendly and nice, and he snuffles when he’s happy.
- His house has two levels and he can climb the little stairs.
There are a lot of videos and information, but some is conflicting.
- Do Guinea pigs need to take baths? Some sites say yes, and some say bathing them can reduce the oils in their fur.
- Do Guinea pigs get lonely? In Switzerland, it’s illegal to own just one!
To answer our questions, we’re taking this class on the road; visiting a groomer, a vet, and several different pet stores.
And since we’re fieldtripping every week, and so far it’s been beautiful, it’s also a celebration of spring!
Join Anna, Ayumi, and me, Saturdays all through the spring as we explore the world of creatures, and especially all about Guinea Pigs!